Construction on the one-and-a-half-story Floris School began in 1911 and a keystone above the central entrance is marked with that year. The four-room schoolhouse has strong similarities to other schools Robinson designed at the time, like nearby Herndon High, although specific documentation identifying him as the Floris architect could not be found.
Floris, like Herndon High which was also built in 1911, has triple banks of 9-over-9 windows, a hipped roof and a cupola. The entrance to Floris has an arched transom and sidelights which are identical to Herndon's central entrance.
A three-story vocational school built next to Floris opened in 1920 and both schools closed in the 1950s when a new Floris School opened at a different site. The 1911 Floris School was preserved as part of Frying Pan Park and today is a contributing structure to the Floris Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.