In early 1914, Robinson was awarded commissions for two new schools in Arlington, Va. He first designed the eight-room Ballston School which was estimated to cost $20,000, and a month later he submitted plans for a four-room school for the Barcroft community. Construction began on the Ballston School that year but Arlington School District did not pursue the Barcroft project because of budget concerns.
The brick Ballston School, which opened in 1915, featured a three-sided central bay with a gabled roof on the south elevation, a one-story protruding entrance between two identical bays on the north elevation, and paired brackets below the overhanging hipped roof.
It was renamed Thomas Nelson Page School in 1926. Arlington sold the school building and land in 1951 to an area restaurant company for $400,000. Hogate’s Seafood operated its Arlington House restaurant at the old Ballston School into the 1960s. It was later used for offices before being demolished around 1968.