In July 1908, Robinson designed a schoolhouse in Manassas, Va., which initially was called the Agricultural School. Earlier that year, the General Assembly had authorized new schools specifically focused on a curriculum in agriculture to be built in each Congressional District. The school in Manassas was the first of these to be built.
Construction began in September 1908 on property donated by Dr. Maitland Bennett, and a year later, the new schoolhouse, which cost about $16,000, was formally dedicated. The two-story building had nine classrooms, an auditorium, gymnasium and office. Its use in agricultural education was short-lived and it became known as the Bennett School.
The Bennett School shared similar design elements with Robinson’s other schools, like a domed cupola, hipped roof, banks of 9-over-9 windows separated between floors by concrete panels, and an arched central entrance capped by a keystone. The Bennett School also featured Flemish bond brickwork with red stretchers and black glazed headers and a central entrance grand portico with a gabled pediment above columns and pilasters with Corinthian capitals. The Wilson School in Arlington, designed in late 1908, had a nearly nearly identical front elevation.
The Bennett School remained in use as a school until 1969 when a new school opened nearby. In the 1970s, the Old Bennett School, as the building is still known, was used for county government offices. In recent years, it has been used for storage and is currently boarded up.