The Forestville School was constructed in 1922, replacing an earlier school. School board records identify R.A. Pearson as the architect and supervisor for the project. Robert A. Pearson worked mostly as a carpenter and a contractor and not as a professional architect. Based on the strong similarities to the Franklin Sherman School, constructed in 1914, and to the Bailey’s Crossroads School, also built in 1922, it is more likely that the design is Robinson's and that Pearson was responsible for reviewing or modifying existing plans and inspecting the final construction rather than creating the original plans for the Forestville School.
The Forestville, Bailey’s Crossroads and Franklin Sherman schools are nearly identical to the Maury School in Arlington which Robinson designed in 1909. Like the other schools, Forestville featured twin gabled bays separated by a one-level portico at the central entrance with an arched opening above, but its protruding pediments lacked the semi-circle and Palladium windows present in the other schools. The north elevation had an arched window above a portico and a hipped roof instead of the gabled bays on the south elevation. Like many of Robinson’s other schools, Forestville had triple banks of windows separated by panels of concrete.
The school remained in use until 1954 when a new Forestville School opened at a different site. The Great Falls Volunteer Fire Department purchased the property in the late 1950s and the old schoolhouse was demolished around 1959 when work started on the new fire station.