In December 1908, the Arlington School District commissioned Robinson to design a six-room schoolhouse for Fort Myer Heights, Va. The two-story building cost about $8,000 and opened in 1910.
With a hipped roof, cupola, banks of 9-over-9 windows separated vertically by concrete panels, and a predominantly brick façade, the Fort Myer Heights School was similar to other Classical Revival schools Robinson designed at the time. But it also had Beaux-Arts elements, like the full-height portico, protruding pediment and Corinthian columns, as well as Flemish bond brickwork with red stretchers and black glazed headers, so that it closely resembled the Bennett School in Manassas, although the Fort Myer Heights School was only one bay deep.
The school was renamed for Woodrow Wilson in 1925 and is more commonly known as the Wilson School. The school was expanded with new addition to the rear in 1926, and another edition in 1956 resulted in a new entrance and removal of the ornate portico. The Wilson School remained in use as a public school until 1968.
The Wilson Building, as the old schoolhouse is now known, remains a government building and has most recently been used currently by the Mongolian School. In May 2013, Preservation Arlington included this structure on a list of most endangered historic places. A month later, the Arlington School Board announced that it would sell the property to a developer.