Browse Exhibits (1 total)
Between 1908 and 1914, Charles M. Robinson designed more than a dozen school buildings in Northern Virginia. The exhibit sections are organized by the locality where the schools were built.
Although Robinson designed schools for white and African American students throughout Virginia, his commissions in Northern Virginia were for white schools. He also designed college buildings, including three for Eastern College's campus in Manassas. Because those structures were later used for a public vocational school, they are included in this exhibit.
Four schools, Floris, Forestville, Franklin Sherman and Bailey's Crossroads, lack specific documentation identifying Robinson as their architect but can be attributed to him based on their design.
Six of his schools in Northern Virginia are still standing and three of those are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Use the links for localities and schools to navigate.