Charles M. Robinson's Schoolhouses in Northern Virginia
Richmond-based architect Charles M. Robinson designed hundreds of hospitals, churches, college buildings and public schools in Virginia in the early 20th century. Most of his public schools were in the Richmond and Hampton Roads areas but several were built in Northern Virginia.
This site attempts to document Robinson's schools in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William, which can be explored through the exhibit, Robinson's Schoolhouses. Six of these buildings are still standing and can be viewed on a Google map.
Charles M. Robinson
Photo by Bagby
Courtesy of Helen, Bruce & David Robinson and Helen & Kyle Parrish
Recently Added Items
formerly Fort Myer Heights School and later the Wilson Building
1601 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington Arts Center
formerly Clarendon School and Matthew F. Maury School
3550 Wilson Boulevard
9916 Georgetown Pike
Great Falls, Va.